Home > What Causes Overpayment?
What Causes Overpayment?
Our experience dictates that 99 percent of restaurants overpay sales and use taxes.
Overpayments are a result of a variety of reasons:
- Unfamiliarity with state tax laws
- Changes in tax laws
- Employee turnover
- Failure to file detailed exemption certificates with your vendors
- Company growth or downsizing
- Changes in products you purchase from your vendors
- New or one-time use of a vendor
- Continuously switching vendors
- Natural disasters